As a parent this is what your child can expect from Rugby League:
· A safe, friendly and enjoyable environment for all children and young people
· Fun and a sense of achievement
· Encouragement of a healthy lifestyle
· Skills such as leadership, confidence and self-esteem
What can parents expect from the club?
· All coaches should be qualified and have a current DBS through the RFL
· There should be a Club Welfare Officer
· Clubs should monitor their coaches to make sure their behaviour is good at all times
· There should be a first aider at all games
· Coaches must abide by the concussion protocols and take any player who has a bang to the head off permanently
What can the club expect from parents?
· Respect the match officials’ decisions at all times – remember the match officials are often children themselves
· Never ridicule or scorn a player for making mistakes
· Positive cheering that encourages players in both teams
· Never get involved in taunting or intimidating the opposite team, spectators or match officials
As a parent you will be expected to adhere to the parent / carers / spectators code of conduct.